in case of emergency, who to call

errr…got into a small car accident last night :( am okay, but learned something new —

for DC: 311
You should call 311 to report situations that are not serious, not life-threatening or not currently in progress. In addition, you should use 311 to request general information from the Police Department.

You should also call 311 to report a less serious crime over the telephone. Simply call 311, and tell the operator that you would like to file a police report with the MPDC’s Telephone Reporting Unit. In most cases, the TRU will call you back shortly (usually in less than an hour) and take the information over the phone and provide you with a report number (CCN number) for insurance or other purposes.

for VA: #77
Cellular number #77 may be used when the caller specifically wants to reach the Virginia State Police for assistance or to report highway traffic problems including crashes, disabled vehicles, suspected substance-impaired drivers, and reckless and aggressive drivers. Those calling this number should be prepared to give their location, direction of travel, description of any suspect vehicle and license number and description of situation prompting the call.

can’t figure out what to do in MD, but when I called #77, it routed me to the eastern shore md, so i think you can dial that too and ask them what to do…

1 Comment so far

  1. WFY (unregistered) on December 1st, 2005 @ 2:00 pm

    While traveling outside of D.C.

    #95 on the Jersey Turnpike (even though only about half of the road is I-95)

    #11 on the Pennsylvania Turnpike

Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.