DC is certainly a brunch city, and while I didn’t really like Washington City Paper’s best brunch choices, I recently experienced the brunch phenomenon myself at a really classy place.
I stumbled out of bed two Sundays ago with a headache and a growling stomach. My cell phone rang, it was my roommate Maricha asking me if I wanted to get brunch over at Liberty Tavern (where my other roommate, the who shovels snow with a rake, works.) I decided to give it a try and walked down the street.
We were lucky to get a table outside on what was a nice and sunny afternoon. When I went upstairs to check out the buffet spread my hungry eyes couldn’t of been happier.
Just check out some of the selections from the brunch menu:
- Frittata with peppers, tomatoes, green onion, mozzarella
- Scrambled Eggs with bacon, cheese, and veggies
- Brioche French Toast with warm maple syrup, strawberry sauce, apples
- North Country Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Dave’s Fluffy Biscuits, Honey Glazed Ham, Milk Gravy
- Roasted chicken chimichangas with sour cream, cheddar
- Smoked Salmon, capers, crème fraiche, egg
- Stuffed Leg of Lamb, spinach, pecans and spiced prunes with lamb jus
- Chocolate-Banana Trifle with Vanilla Pastry Cream
Just typing out the menu just made me hungry again- and I just finished lunch.
The only thing that would of made this brunch perfect would probably be mimosas, because what would brunch be without a little adult beverages? I don’t even think I’ve had mimosas yet but I wasn’t in the mood to be drinking in the middle of the afternoon- that will have to wait for my return visit to Liberty Tavern for brunch. The food is good and for what you pay it’s a great value. Plus I still need to figure out how to ask out the cute waitress with the short brown hair. Liberty Tavern you can expect me for future returns.
Liberty Tavern serves brunch every Sunday starting a 9:30 AM and lasting til 2:00 PM. They offer a buffet and a la carte options, I highly recommend the buffet.
3195 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201