Number of Posts: 33
My wife and I have lived in the DC Metro area for almost three years now. Previously, I've lived a decade each in Orlando, Chicago and Pittsburgh. We love it in Northern Virginia and have no plans to move any time soon (so you're stuck with us!). I will admit to being a rabid hockey fan and proudly admit my allegiance to the Pittsburgh Penguins - I've been a fan of the team since Super Mario was drafted and well before the Skating Penguin was fashionable. I write full-time - 40 hours a week as a website and content writer for a consulting firm in Vienna, and up to 60 hours a week for several game companies (board, print, video). Do I qualify as a DC-centric person? I think so. For two years I worked at a prominent museum in downtown DC. My wife works in the NW Quarter, near one of the Circles. We're amateur 'foodies' and hit various restaurants every week across town as well as attend as many cultural events across the city. And shoot lots and lots of photos. (See my flickr page.) From time to time (read: every month or so) we head back to good ol' Iron City to hang with family and friends, so don't be surprised if I end up on that metblog site, too. I still keep in touch with Pittsburgh's pulse (aside from the Penguins) and still consider it my main hometown these days. Oh, and I'm not a fan of Maryland. The state. Maybe someday I'll explain why, but I know most Virginians understand....
- Breakin’ Out the Wings, 04 Jul 2008 in Adventures&Alexandria&Rockin' the Suburbs
- Five Line Flush, 27 Jun 2008 in Downtown&Metro&The District&Transportation&WMATA
- Unasked Review: Daniel O’Connell’s, 04 Jun 2008 in Adventures&Alexandria&Food and Drink&Night Life&Old Town Alexandria
- Cracks in the Ice…, 27 May 2008 in Adventures&Alexandria&Food and Drink&WTF?!
- Stone Cold Silence, 16 May 2008 in Adventures&Alexandria&Rockin' the Suburbs&WTF?!
- Driving in VA (Advanced Course), 12 May 2008 in Transportation&Weather
- Best in the World?, 01 May 2008 in Media&News&Sports
- "Sounds in the Square" 2008 Concerts, 29 Apr 2008 in Downtown&Dupont Circle&Life in the Capitol&Music&Special Events&The District
- Metered Response, 22 Apr 2008 in All Politics is Local&Business and Money&Downtown&News&The District&Transportation
- We’ve All Got Something to Say, 21 Apr 2008 in Alexandria&DC Online&Old Town Alexandria&Science & Technology
- Capital Sinking, 18 Apr 2008 in News&Sports
- Unleash the Beast?, 16 Apr 2008 in Entertainment&Road Trips&Sports
- So It Begins…, 12 Apr 2008 in Downtown&Entertainment&Sports
- Seeing Red in the Playoffs – Now What?, 08 Apr 2008 in Downtown&Entertainment&Sports
- Seriously?, 04 Apr 2008 in Alexandria&Crime & Punishment&WTF?!
- Forget Spring, There’s Still Ice!, 01 Apr 2008 in Entertainment&Sports
- The Blossoms Cometh, 27 Mar 2008 in Adventures&Art&Downtown&Food and Drink&Life in the Capitol&Old Town Alexandria&Photography&Special Events&The Mall
- Clang Clang! Clang Clang!, 27 Mar 2008 in Alexandria&Old Town Alexandria
- Foray Into Foreclosures, Part II, 24 Mar 2008 in Adventures&Alexandria&WTF?!
- Win for the "Home" Team!, 10 Mar 2008 in Adventures&Downtown&Sports