Number of Posts: 53
For the past couple of years, Del Ray, Alexandria has been home. It's got great stuff like a library, community center, butcher shop, cheese shop, ice cream shop, chocolate shop (ok, she likes the food shops), grocery stores, and its very own hardware store. You might find Amy geeking out on PBS or the Science Channel; riding around on her bike; at films; dining; photographing the scene; or chillin' on the balcony with a beer and a book.
Amy was born in Fairfax but moved around the northeast quite a bit growing up. She came to college in Virginia and has been here ever since - for the past 15 years.
Tourists, fake security, and traffic notwithstanding, DC is a great place to call home. There's so much to do (much of it free), to see, to visit, and you're never at a loss when out-of-towners come around.
Expect to hear about local news, events, movies and restaurants...and anything else that readers want to know!
- SilverDocs 2009: Cooking History, 18 Jun 2009 in Entertainment&Movies
- Paper, Plastic, or Canvas?, 03 Jun 2009 in All Politics is Local&Metro&Washington DC
- Good Morning, Mr. President, 20 May 2009 in Chinatown&Nationals&WMATA
- Caps Still Not Golfing!, 28 Apr 2009 in Capitals&Sports
- Aliens Always Welcome, 08 Apr 2009 in Entertainment&Science & Technology&Special Events
- Smithsonian Offers Extended Summer Hours, 07 Apr 2009 in Essential DC&The Mall
- Parents Want to Roll Easter Egg Site Off A Cliff, 26 Mar 2009 in Essential DC&Fun & Games&Special Events
- Amtrak Revises Photo Policy, 13 Mar 2009 in News&Photography&Union Station
- Wednesday’s child, 05 Mar 2009 in Chinatown&Photography&Potpourri
- Big names, small venues, 26 Feb 2009 in Entertainment&Music&Night Life
- Smoke on your pipe, and put that in, 20 Feb 2009 in News
- Bicentennial Bash at Ford’s Theatre, 17 Feb 2009 in History&Theatre
- Happy Birthday, Mr. President, 13 Feb 2009 in Essential DC&History&Life in the Capitol&Special Events
- 28,000 Acres of the Richest Land, 10 Feb 2009 in Arlington&Theatre
- My parents drove it up here from the Bahamas, 09 Feb 2009 in Uncategorized
- Breeze it, Buzz it, Easy does it, 12 Jan 2009 in Entertainment&Theatre
- Everywhere you go has valet…, 06 Jan 2009 in Inauguration Central
- NGA Half-Open for Inauguration, 17 Dec 2008 in Inauguration Central&The Mall
- The National Christmas Tree is Alive, 05 Dec 2008 in Life in the Capitol
- Crazy for Black Friday, 25 Nov 2008 in Metro&Shopping