Number of Posts: 53
For the past couple of years, Del Ray, Alexandria has been home. It's got great stuff like a library, community center, butcher shop, cheese shop, ice cream shop, chocolate shop (ok, she likes the food shops), grocery stores, and its very own hardware store. You might find Amy geeking out on PBS or the Science Channel; riding around on her bike; at films; dining; photographing the scene; or chillin' on the balcony with a beer and a book.
Amy was born in Fairfax but moved around the northeast quite a bit growing up. She came to college in Virginia and has been here ever since - for the past 15 years.
Tourists, fake security, and traffic notwithstanding, DC is a great place to call home. There's so much to do (much of it free), to see, to visit, and you're never at a loss when out-of-towners come around.
Expect to hear about local news, events, movies and restaurants...and anything else that readers want to know!
- The More The Merrier, 07 Apr 2010 in Fictional DC&Movies
- Snowiest Winter on Record, 12 Feb 2010 in Weather
- Feds Declare Unscheduled Leave for Friday, 04 Feb 2010 in Weather
- What’s Your Neighbor Renting?, 11 Jan 2010 in Fun & Games&Movies
- American History Museum Announces Extended Holiday Hours, 16 Dec 2009 in Entertainment&The Mall
- Tai Shan to Leave DC, 04 Dec 2009 in Entertainment&Essential DC
- Check Your Cranberry Sauce, 23 Nov 2009 in Transportation
- GW Falls to No. 3!, 26 Oct 2009 in Education
- Ben Ali, 1927-2009, 08 Oct 2009 in Essential DC&Food and Drink&History&U St.
- So Long, Zilla!, 23 Sep 2009 in Capitals&Sports
- Hope Diamond Gets A Facelift, 04 Sep 2009 in Essential DC
- Metro Track Work To Close Stations, 01 Sep 2009 in WMATA
- The Last Kennedy Brother, 31 Aug 2009 in Essential DC&History&Life in the Capitol&Special Events
- Restaurant Week Is A Good Thing, 28 Aug 2009 in Essential DC&Food and Drink&Special Events
- Beat the Heat, 10 Aug 2009 in Exercise & Health
- Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner, 30 Jul 2009 in Entertainment&Movies
- Dude, Where’s My Bus?, 30 Jun 2009 in Metro&Transportation&WMATA
- Tattoos, But Not on Your Skin, 25 Jun 2009 in Entertainment&Essential DC&Special Events
- Virgin Fest Lineup Announced – And It’s Free!, 24 Jun 2009 in Entertainment&Music&Special Events
- Fort Reno Schedule, 18 Jun 2009 in Entertainment&Music