Sports Guy Bill Simmons Finally Warms Up To Real World DC
As you know I am a fan of ESPN’s Bill Simmons and the B.S. Report podcast. Part of the excitement of covering the Real World DC this year was feeling included on Simmon’s podcasts on reality TV that he often does with Dave Jacoby, a fellow ESPN producer. Early on the season things looked bleak as Simmons considered the cast of this year’s season too young- struggling to get into the latest chapter of the granddaddy of all reality TV. However last week’s episode did enough not only to rekindle Simmons’ interest in the season, but to call up Jacoby to do an “emergency podcast” in order to dish about the episode. Here are the bullet points of the 2/26 podcast:
- Jaocby compares The Real World DC to the 2009 New York Jets season: lacking until last week’s turning point.
- Is there a theme of male vs. female relations?
- Emily is described as, “tough on the outside, hollow on the inside”
- The two watched Ty throw Andrew off the porch, “700-800 times” in order to get it straight
- Ty has a charm with women similar to Mike Tyson
- The cameramen never seem to get the best shots on reality TV- just the surveillance cameras
- The two would love to see a show just of surveillance footage of convenience store hold-ups
- Is there a conspiracy that MTV is holding out on some of the footage?
- Josh really can’t sing (and I totally agree)
- They love Callie, the kind of girl that’s pretty but has no self esteem and loves to drunk dial guys
- Emily will dominate the RW/RR challenges
You can listen to the podcast over at the ESPN Podcenter Archives.