So this is Washington DC.
1) Little cars don’t like mountains, and run better when they have oil.
2) Just as all Mike Muir wanted was a Pepsi, all the guy in the above photo wanted was a Big Mac. However, it was 3:30 am Saturday night, and the McDonald’s on 18th doesn’t have Big Macs on their limited, late-night menu.
3) It might be time to get rid of the carpet on the Metro, especially if it means I can bring a cup of coffee on. If the carpet and the no food or drink rule is going to stay, how about something cool, like white shag, or maybe fake fur?
4) I went to a Nationals vs. Braves game, and for a city that doesn’t have years invested in this team, you sure do like ’em a lot.
5) As much as I was looking forward to spotting politicians and policy wonks, I was more starstruck when I spotted Guy Piccoto manning the Radio CPR booth at the Mount Pleasant fest on Sunday.
6) The fried green tomato BLT at Saint Ex is one of the best things I’ve ever had in my mouth.
7) The two institutions run by the Smithsonian that I’ve visited thus far could use a little maintainence… like light bulbs.
8) I don’t know how I never heard of Giacomo Balla, but thanks to the Hirshhorn, I have. Lovely.
9) What the HELL are those little half-circles sticking out of the roofs of Metro station entrances? To stop ice from falling on people’s heads? Pigeons? What?