More water woes for washingtonians

Remember that lead in the water problem we had not too long ago? Well, that’s not all we have to worry about. The Washington Post reports today that tests “found unsafe amounts of a chemical toxin a few hundred yards from Washington’s drinking water supply.” The interesting thing is that these tests were done last summer, and that only a handful of people have known about this for over a year.

Officials say there is nothing to worry about, because although the toxin (perchlorate) has been found near the reservoir, it is not detected in the water. Somehow, I’m still not fully reassured…

Comments are closed.


Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.